Sunday, March 4, 2012

Bali Bird and Reptile Park

It's been very nice to finally make some significant progress on labeling the pictures from some of my recent trips. Or less recent, as the case may be. The downside is, I still haven't really put in the effort to label any of the museum sets - I've mostly been tackling the sets that are easier to label and less time consuming than that. This is good, cause I've been getting a lot done. This is bad, because I'm starting to run out of these easy-to-label sets, and what's left will be much more time-consuming to get through and my progress will likely stall. Ah well, can't win them all, right?

This week, I labeled a bunch of pictures from the trip I took to Bali last May. They were primarily taken at three places: the Ubud Botanical Gardens, my hotel - the Sanur Beach Hotel, and the Bali Bird and Reptile Park, which is where the majority are from (read: all the ones of birds or reptiles). So, take a short trip to Bali with me!


I loved the patterns this duck-weed like plant formed. So geometric!


This was an offering and incense left in the garden.


There was a show at the hotel, with traditional drumming and dancing.


The grounds of the hotel were covered in sculptures and such, and they decked them all out with hibiscus blooms.


Owl!


There were lots of parrots at the Bird Park, many flying (relatively) free. This is one of the best shots I got.


I'm really proud of this shot of a Laughing Kookaburra.


This picture was taken about a minute after my friends and I spent $15 US to feed a chicken to this komodo dragon. It seemed to appreciate the meal.


Gecko!


The texture on the lizard skin is just amazing...

No comments:

Post a Comment