This week has been pretty much all spinning, all the time. I finished a couple spinning projects - those I'll post on Friday - but my big time sink has been more fleece preparation stuff! Specifically, I finished combing my first pound of fiber, and then I dyed it and then started to spin it! It took a while, but it was great fun! I'm gonna do a whole post on this at some point, along with the "recipes" I used and such, but for now, just some shots of how the dyeing turned out...
I dyed my fiber in five batches, all using slightly different combinations of Wilton's food coloring. These were difficult to photograph in the light in my apartment; the purples didn't want to photograph true. But I did my best...Here they are!
Then, I started to spin it! I've actually done a fair bit more since I took this photograph yesterday, but it'll have to do. I'm hoping to have at least one complete skein done by Friday.
That's what I've been up to! See what everyone else has been working on over at Tami's Amis and Other Creations blog.