Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday, 7/4/2012

Happy Independence Day, to my fellow USA-ians! :) (and a belated Happy Canada day to my Canadian friends!)

It's Tour de Fleece, which means my WIP is all about spinning, and probably will be for most of the next month. The current project is 6.7 ounces of (I think) Corriedale that I dyed myself in May. Various pictures!

The braid:


Day 1 of TdF:
Saturday, I was out virtually all day, so I did like 25 minutes of spinning in the morning and that was all...


Day 2 of TdF:
In contrast to Saturday, on Sunday I was spinning for like 6 hours. My hand was quite achy by the time I stopped! This was also when I realized just how patriotic-looking my choice of fiber was...


Day 3 of TdF:
Monday I didn't have loads of time, but I made decent progress.


Day 4 of TdF:
Finally, yesterday I got to start plying!


I expect to finish plying this skein today, before I head off to the fireworks. :)

Oh, and by the way? If you're curious about dyeing with Wilton's food coloring (like this skein!) you should take a peak at my post from Sunday. :) See what everyone else is up to over on Tamis Amis and Other Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment