Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sold the Jellyfish!

I'm surprisingly excited to have sold the original jellyfish amigurumi, given that I sold it to a friend. Still, it's the first time I've been asked about buying one of the original dolls that wasn't a commission to begin with - up to now, only the patterns have sold, and the one other request I got about buying the doll didn't pan out. So...it's nice. Every little step on the way towards success is nice, I guess. Though one of these days, I'm going to have to figure out what exactly I think success is, and to what extent I'm aiming for it. Unlike many others on here, I have never intended to attempt to have my artistic crafting be my source of income. That's what the day job is for...I seriously doubt it would be possible for me to make enough to support myself in my current situation by selling dolls. But once again, I appear to be rambling. For now, celebration of selling the Jellyfish!

Squee!

Here are some pics:

And then there is the version that my friend didn't buy - it has fewer tentacles:

Oh, and if you're just stumbling upon my blog and like what you see, I'm just starting to take commissions for the holidays! (hint hint, nudge nudge. ;) ) Alternatively, the pattern is for sale on etsy and Ravelry...

No comments:

Post a Comment