Sunday, October 3, 2010

Feeling...Inspired?

It's funny, in light of my previous post, but I'm coming home from this trip feeling inspired, REALLY inspired, in a way that I don't think I've ever felt before. It's not just that I want to go home and make things, it's that I want to go home and create - I want to design, I want to try things I haven't done before, I want to take all the crates out of the closet and organize my crafts things so I can FIND stuff again, I want to stare at paintings and see HOW the artist made x, y, z, effect, and try it myself, except with thread on linen, I want to get started on the four amigurumi projects I know that I have waiting...it feels GOOD, though kind of overwhelming, and a little sad, cause I know I have a lot of other things I have to do one my return (like my job...) ...but it kinda feels like a new chapter in the book that is my life.

In the last month, I've really started taking steps to grow my exposure in crafts. I feel like this is going well - better than I would have imagined, honestly - but that now I have to step up and do the WORK that goes with it, to get out a lot more of a product that I can be proud of, and build on the momentum that I've gotten started by taking all the ideas in my head and going with it. Some will work, and some won't, but I'll get better by trying. I want to see how far I can take this.

My family and friends who are reading this, I think you all know how much your support means to me, but in case you don't...it means a lot. Without that feedback, I would never have had the confidence to get started, or to keep going, and your continued support and interest keeps me going. To all the new people who are reading my blog, or chatting with me on the Hive, or following me on Twitter, or liking me on FB, or visiting me on Etsy, you may NOT know how much it means to me, but please know: seeing that what I'm doing - crochet, cross stitch, photography, the whole lot - is of interest to other people is meaning the world to me. Seeing all the amazing things that many of you make inspires me. I want to do my best, for my family, friends, and all of you, and so I say, THANK YOU!

Right. Now I have to finish packing. :) See ya'll when I get back home!

1 comment:

  1. Have a safe trip home! I can't wait to see what you will come up with next!

    ReplyDelete