This post is a bit late, as I finished the clothes for the doll about a day after I finished the body, but I had a couple other posts to do and have been very busy. As for today, I'm exhausted, so not tons of commentary on this one: I finished the Tom Seaver doll! This pretty much meant taking the body I had already made and adding a hat and a shirt. And here it is:
Over all, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, though I think the addition of the shirt clearly revealed the weaknesses in the original doll design, and in the next version I make, I'll be:
1. Making the head bigger
2. Making the arms shorter
3. Making the body (underneath the shirt) more narrow)
The next version will probably be a Santa, as I think I have all the right colors around the house (including some white fun fur, I hope...)
Another minor problem was that the neck was too long in comparison to the head so the head kept wanting to flop down.
Back stitching the logo on the front and the name on the back was time consuming but fun, and it turned out how I wanted pretty well. Seaver's number was 41, and his nickname was "Tom Terrific," thus instead of "Seaver" on the back, I wrote "Terrific!" Well, I thought it was cute. :)
So...that's that. :) Right now, I'm working on a squid - might even be done tonight, though it's hard to say cause I'm really, really beat.