Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday - 6/8/2011

Phew, I'm exhausted. What a week I'm having! I'm going to keep this short and sweet. I have two WIP this week that are worth sharing!

Couch Cushion Cover
It's the new round of Nerd Wars, which means new challenges! The first challenge I'm going to meet is one where we have to tie in the concept of lightning and electricity. I'm not going to go in to full detail - yet - for this project does so, but I think ya'll will get a kick out of it when I do.

Anyway, I had all this stash yarn that I bought about 5 years ago at the dollar store with the idea that I'd make skirts for my belly dancing friends, but that never happened, so now it's getting used to cover one of the ugly cushions that came with my couch!

I was a little under halfway done when I took these pictures this morning; I'm farther along now. :) Now I just have to figure out what to cover the other cushion with. :)

Dissertation Progress: Spin, Spin, Spin
Last week, I presented my "dissertation", a project for Nerd Wars that I expect to take me a full three months to complete. Unfortunately, I got denied approval pending making a swatch, and I don't feel comfortable designing the swatch until I've got an idea how thick the yarn is going to be, so I've been spinning like crazy all week. I finished one skein, which I'll share on Friday, and in the meantime I've carded all of and spun a little over half of the main black yarn with red, blue, and angelina that I shared last week. Here's the first bobbin, which is holding about 4 ounces.

That? Took me all day Saturday. Man, my hand hurt!! But I think it was worth it...can't wait to see it plied...

Check out the wonderful WIP of everyone else over at Tamis Amis and Other Crochet blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment