Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday, 3/7/2012

Whew, another week! I'm feeling pretty good about my crafting this week, actually. First, for the first time in AGES, I've met a personal expectation: last week, I said I expected to be done with the cross stitching on the Dragonfly and Lotus pattern by this week...and I AM. I'm still working on the back stitching, but I think THINK I can have to done by Friday, so I'm not gonna post the almost-but-not-quite-done pictures today. But there's plenty else. :)

Dyeing
Last week, I bought this fiber to dye:

It took going to three different grocery stores, but this week I managed to track down packets of Kool Aid!

I'm REALLY excited to try dyeing for the first time, though I'm not quite sure when I'm going to find the time. I'm HOPING I can do it before I leave on the road trip I'm planning - nearly a month on the road, starting next Tuesday - but I may not get to it. Still, his weekend, there is a chance... :)

Spinning the Cloud!

I've been spinning the lovely Loop Fiber Arts cloud that I bought last week.

I've got two singles almost ready to go, and maybe another ounce of fiber left. I'd really like to get this done sooner rather than later, but I'm so close to finishing the cross stitch that I've been doing that more. So hard to pick which project to focus on. ;) Still, I've got to finish this spinning before I leave, since I'm not bringing my wheel on the road trip (though it's tempting, very tempting...I'll probably bring my spindle...)

Using Old Spinning!
I've decided what I'm going to do with this:

...which I made a couple weeks ago. I'm going to make Eva's Shawl, which a friend pointed out to me. It'll be my first shawl, which is damn scary, but I think it's a really good project to bring on the already-repeatedly-mentioned road trip. ;)

Not a Work in Progress, But...
The most exciting, fun fiber related thing I've done this week was a meet up with other New York City Ravelry ladies! I've never met a group of folks in quite this situation, but we were all geeks, and we were all Ravelers, and we'd all participated in Nerd Wars at some point in the past. (In the foreground is my friend Jenny, who is also my neighbor, she taught me how to spin!)

We met at Panera, and they all knit, and I cross stitched, and indulged in a bread bowl, and it was great fun. :)

Check out what everyone else is up to over on Tami's Amis and Other Creations blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment